Powerball Facts and Figures
Naturally, the US Powerball is one of the leading lotteries for most players, so to add to the slew of information you can find inside these comparison sites, we’ve compiled the top three facts about the lottery so you can see why it’s the top draw in the betting world.
Better Odds than Roulette
If you run the numbers for the Powerball, you actually find that the overall odds of winning a prize on the Powerball are 1/31.85. In contrast, the odds of hitting a single number in a game or roulette are 1/36 (or 1/37 depending on the variant you’re playing).
Of course, when you play the Powerball you’re probably hoping for a six or seven-figure prize (which has odds well over 5 million to 1), but the reality is that when you combine all the odds of winning you’ll have a 1 in 31 chance of seeing a return on your money.
In line with the above point, the expected value (EV) calculations for the Powerball actually produce a positive result. While we won’t drill down into the mathematics right now, the end result when you compare prize money, gains vs. loss, odds and probability is that the Powerball has an EV of $1.78.
This means that, in theory, you stand to win $1.78 for every Powerball ticket you purchase. Of course, that doesn’t mean this will happen every time and it’s important to note this number is positive because of the huge jackpots, but what it does suggest is that the numbers are on your side when you play.
Multiple Tickets Mean More Ways to Win
The final positive point we can make about the Powerball is that the rules of the game allow you to purchase more than one ticket. While this won’t necessarily improve your EV, it will improve your odds of hitting a winner as you’ll essentially have more bites of the proverbial cherry.
However, a note of caution when pondering this fact, it’s important to consider your bankroll each time you ante-up. A single ticket costs $2 and if your lottery bankroll is only $100 then you shouldn’t be purchasing 30 tickets ($60) for per session. Buying more tickets is great, but only if it fits with your bankroll’s limits.
I’ve been taking Klonopin for over two years here orderklonopin2mg.com. Initially 50mg and increasing every week. The maximum dose for 2 years that I am not stable. I have highs and lows and can decide for myself whether I dare to dose it down. Unfortunately, something always happens and we think about what else can be done. But on the whole, I am very satisfied.
Over the entire existence of the legendary game in different countries, millions of its fans have ended up as lucky Powerball winners, which is the dream of every participant in the current draws. For example, in just the American version of the game, more than 300,000 players manage to win the lottery every week.
The number of winners of the weekly Australia Powerball draw is no worse than the number of lucky US Powerball winners. And there are just as many New Zealand and South Africa Powerball winners, because in these regional lotteries, as in the leading Australian and American lotteries, people from many other countries participate. Every week, more than 1 million lotto Powerball tickets on different continents turn out to be lucky and collect multi-million dollar wins across different categories.
Given the enormous popularity of the legendary lottery in the countries of the draws and beyond, the gigantic size of the Powerball jackpot is a familiar and exciting phenomenon for draw participants. You too, can be among the winners of the famous game and buy Powerball tickets online right now!
How to play Powerball
Think of how to play Powerball in terms of colors and numbers. You must select numbers for five white balls and one red ball (the Powerball) for a total of six numbers. Click for a closer view of the playslip to learn more.
Here are the ways to play Powerball:
- Choose your own numbers on a playslip. Pick five different numbers from 1 through 69; then, select one Powerball number from 1 through 26.
- Or you can choose Easy Pick and let the computer choose your numbers
- You can also use a combination of these play methods: Pick some of your favorite numbers, and let the computer fill in the rest.
- Each play (six numbers) costs $2.
- Powerball draws are held every Wednesday and Saturday at 11 p.m.
- USA Powerball lottery was first held in 1992. Since then, its format has changed several times, but the basic principles for conducting draws remain unchanged to this day. In the event that any global changes affect the rules or conditions of the lottery draws, you will immediately be informed of this through an announcement on our portal.
- It was in the American Powerball lottery that a system with two drums was used for the first time during the draws to extract the winning numbers. The number of balls in each drum has changed several times since then, but the number of drums has remained the same to this day. Now the format of Powerball drawing is as follows:
- The player chooses five numbers from 69 white balls and one number from 26 red balls;
- In the USA Powerball lottery, the minimum jackpot starts at $20,000,000 (before the crisis associated with the coronavirus pandemic 2020, the minimum size of the Powerball jackpot was $40,000,000);
- Lottery draws are held twice a week — on Wednesdays and Saturdays;
- The minimum odds of winning the lowest prize in the lottery are 1:24.9.
Note that the largest jackpot in the history of Powerball and all American lotteries was $1.6 billion.
South Africa Powerball
- South Africa Powerball was launched in 2009, with the first game of this most famous Africa lottery, which soon gained an enviable popularity in many countries around the world.
- Key features of SA Powerball:
- Players have to select five numbers from 1 to 50 from the first block of numbers and a single number between 1 and 20 from an additional block of numbers;
- The minimum National Lottery SA jackpot is ZAR 3 million, equivalent to approximately $175,000 US;
- Powerball Lotto South Africa draws are held twice a week — on Tuesdays and Fridays;
- The odds of winning the minimum lottery prize of the last category are 1:35.
The maximum size of the jackpot played in the entire history of the African version of the lottery was ZAR 103 million.