How to Read Mega Millions Results
To find out if you are a winner, you have to read the Mega Millions results correctly. Here is everything you need to know about checking your numbers:
- Check the 5 Mega Millions main numbers in the correct section – those drawn from 1 to 70.
- Check the Mega Ball in the additional number section – the one drawn from 1 to 25.
- Always check the full Mega Millions prize breakdown. Even if you haven’t matched all the 5 main numbers and the Mega Ball, you may still have all the winning combination for one of the secondary prizes.
- The main numbers and the Mega Ball are drawn from different guess ranges and they are not interchangeable. For instance, if the Mega Ball is 10 and you have it on your ticket in the main number section, it will not count as a match.
- Make sure that you are checking the winning numbers for the correct draw. The date on your ticket must correspond to the date of the draw for the win to be valid.
How Are the Mega Millions Numbers Drawn?
Behind all the lights and TV cameras, a tremendous amount of behind-the-scenes work and security goes into ensuring that each Mega Millions draw is random and free from tampering, and that every ticket has an equal chance of winning.
Mega Millions eschews computers for mechanical, gravity pick machines which are still considered to be the most random and tamper-proof lottery draw machines to-date. Officials inspect and calibrate every piece of equipment, including the numbered balls, to ensure that there are no outside influences on the results.
Once the draw has concluded and the latest Mega Millions results are in, ticket holders rush to see if they’ve joined the ranks of the biggest Mega Millions winners! With a jackpot that starts at $40 million, Mega Millions has the power to make dreams come true with each and every draw.
Mega Millions Results FAQ
When are the Mega Millions results up?
You can find the latest Mega Millions results online soon after the draw takes place. You can see them live on TV on Tuesday and Friday evening at 23:00 EST or you can find them online.
Where can you find the latest Mega Millions results?
The latest winning numbers are posted on the official site of the Mega Millions lottery soon after the draw, but also on our platform.
Do you have to match all the Mega Millions numbers to win something?
No, you don’t. Matching all the Mega Millions numbers will score you the jackpot, but guessing some of the main numbers and Mega Ball could get you one of the secondary prizes in the game. Take a look at the Mega Millions prize breakdown to see if you qualify for any of them.