February 2020 – Changes to the Jackpot Cap
On 1st February 2020 a number of changes were made to EuroMillions and the jackpots on offer. The changes were implemented to help jackpots grow bigger and faster than under previous game rules, without an increase in ticket price or the number of balls to choose from. In addition, the new prize structure meant that the average number of Superdraws taking place each year would increase.
The Jackpot Cap, which stood at €190 million since January 2012, increased to €200 million, with the potential of climbing further to €250 million in future. Read more about the EuroMillions jackpot cap changes from February 2020.
The EuroMillions app is easy to use on your Android smartphone or tablet. Here’s how some of the main features work:
How to Install the EuroMillions Android App
The Android app is available to download for free from the Google Play Store. Follow the instructions below to install and set up the app.
- Visit the Google Play Store and select the ‘Install’ button to download it to your device.
- To open the app, select it from your device’s home screen or app menu.
- Select which lotteries you would like to appear and the order you want them to be displayed on the app’s home screen.
- Choose whether to have notifications enabled or not. You can get alerts for the latest results, big jackpots and announcements about special events.
You can update your settings or notification preferences at any time in future if you change your mind.
How to Scan Your Ticket
The Ticket Scanner is one of the app’s most useful features. As long as you have your EuroMillions entry to hand, you can use it to check whether you are a winner by following these steps.
- Select ‘Scan Your Ticket’ from the menu.
- Allow the app access to take pictures and record video. You won’t be able to scan your ticket without granting this permission.
- Point your camera at the QR code on your ticket. This is the black and white square underneath your numbers.
The scanner will quickly tell you whether you are a winner. If it can’t read the QR code straight away, try to hold your device as steady as possible or reposition it so that it can focus on the image properly.
How to Use the Checker
The Checker allows you to validate your numbers in different ways so that you can find out if you are a winner. As well as scanning your ticket, you can select ‘Quick Check’ or Add Ticket’ once you have got to the main Checker screen from the menu.
Quick Check – Select your five main numbers and two Lucky Stars from the number grids. Reset if you need to start again or tap on a number again to deselect it. Hit ‘Check Numbers’ when you are ready. The app will bring up a list of recent results and highlight numbers that you have matched, showing the value of any prizes you have won.
Add Ticket – Select your numbers from the grids of main balls and Lucky Stars. Choose whether you want to check those numbers in Tuesday or Friday draws. Tap ‘Save Ticket’ when you are finished. The app will show you whether those numbers have won a prize in the most recent draw, while you can carry out a ‘Full Check’ to look at the results for all recent draws. Select ‘only show winning results’ to only see the draws in which you have won prizes.
With these numbers now saved on the app, the Checker will be able to tell you straight away in future whether you are a winner, without you having to enter your selections again. To modify or delete any tickets that you have saved, tap on ‘Edit Ticket’. You can then select one of the tickets you have saved to make your changes.
2016: January Blues Giveaway
- Diane Allen from Doncaster was the ninth and final winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning an Odeon Awards Season Gift Tin. When we spoke to Diane, she said: “Wow can’t believe I have won many thanks – looking forward to using the tickets”
- Patricia Hancock from Stansted was the penultimate winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning a £20 Sports Direct Voucher. When we spoke to Patricia, she told us: “What a lovely surprise to hear that I have won a sports Direct Voucher”
- Anna Ingram from North Lincolnshire was the seventh winner of the Giveaway, winning a Bluedio Bluetooth Speaker. When we spoke to Anna, she said: “What a lovely way to start my day by being told I was a winner! I was lucky enough to win the Bluedio Speakers, and I am so looking forward to using them!”
- Dale Askew from Surrey was the sixth winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning 1kg of PhD Nutrition Diet Whey Protein. When we spoke to Dale, he said: “I’m delighted to be announced as a winner in the prize draw, I will be using the protein powder in my Nutribullet! Thank you so much!”
- Ruth Wollerton from Peterborough was the fifth winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning 10 EuroMillions tickets for the draw on 19th January! When we spoke to Ruth, she said: “I am so excited with my win, hopefully my numbers will come up.”
- Rachel Bonness from Herefordshire was the fourth winner of the Giveaway, winning a Nutribullet! When we contacted Rachel, she said: “I was delighted I won as my resolution this year is to tone up at the gym & I wanted to create delicious protein smoothies after my workouts. My goal is going to be so much easier now!”
- Nieyaati Masurkar from London was the third winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning a Fitbit Charge HR. When we contacted Nieyaati, she said: “This is amazing! Can’t believe it! Bidding farewell for good to #JanuaryBlues Thank you guys! Thank you for giving me a chance to be more fit & healthy.”
- Melissa Palmer from Lancashire was the second winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning a set of bathroom scales. When we spoke to Melissa, she said: “Thank you so much im very happy never thought i would be lucky enough to win thank you”
- Aimee Herrington from Nuneaton was the first winner of the 2016 January Blues Giveaway, winning a month’s Pure Gym membership. When we contacted Aimee, she said: “When I got told I had won I was really happy and proud :)”