Maximum limit of Green Cards per country
The idea behind the Green Card Lottery Program is to give people, who would normally not have the chance, the possibility to win an immigrant visa and emigrate to the USA. The program is designed to be fair to all nationalities and keep the USA diverse. Therefore, each year a certain number of Green Cards are designated for each continent and participating country.
- The maximum number of Green Cards available for any eligible country is 3,500, which equates to around 7% of all Green Cards.
- Europe and Africa are the two continents with the highest Green Card quotas. Both receive about 20,000 Green Cards each.
The strict allocation of Green Cards for each continent keeps the Green Card Lottery results fair for each continent. In Europe, for example, the chance of winning a Green Card is about 1:35. The more America Fans participate per country, the higher the chances to win a Green Card.
Green Card Lottery 2020-2021 deadlines for submission of documents
Draw is held annually by the US Department of State. The main goal of the draw is to support cultural diversity by attracting residents of countries with the least flow of immigrants. Therefore, there is an updated list of states, not allowed to participate in the drawing (for the last 5 years, the number of immigrants from them exceeded 50 thousand).
To participate, you must register, by filling out the participant's questionnaire on the official website of the State Department and uploading a photo. Questions include biographical information (name, Date of Birth, Place of Birth, the level of education, marital status, residence address, phone number, E-mail address, information about spouse and children, if applicable). When filling out, you must enter true information, the uploaded photo must comply with the prescribed technical characteristics. Applicant can submit one application, if this requirement is violated, he is subject to disqualification.
Besides, the participant must meet the mandatory requirements:
- Serve from country, not included in the list of excluded states
- Have completed secondary education or basic education + 2 years of work experience in the last 5 years in a highly qualified specialty;
- Have no medical restrictions (socially dangerous diseases);
- Not be judged, not commit felonies, do not violate migration legislation.
Upon completion of filling out the questionnaire, the applicant will be assigned a verification number, by which to track the status of the application. Draw results will be available in May 2020 of the year. In case of winning, the participant must collect the necessary documents, undergo a medical examination and an interview at the embassy, after which a decision will be made on the issuance / non-issuance of a visa.
Take part in the Green Card Lottery 2020-2021 possible only during the agreed period. The nearest online registration in the Green Card draw 2020-2021 will be available from 2 October to 5 November 2019, 12 hours eastern time.
Green Card is issued for 10 years old, after which it can be reissued. At the same time, the resident status remains throughout life, with the exception of a long absence from the United States, administrative penalties or criminal liability for participation in criminal activities.
Beyond work and study, residence permit allows:
- Own property and real estate;
- Freely cross the state border;
- Enter other countries without a visa (with whom the United States has an agreement on a visa-free regime);
- Obtain American citizenship through 5 years old;
- Receive a retirement benefit after retirement (subject to official work in the States for 10 years old);
- Use social insurance.
In its turn, the owner of the Green Card undertakes to pay taxes, inform the migration service about a change of residence, for men up to 26 years old - register for military service.
so, try to get a green card 2020-2021 can this fall. Despite, that registration takes a month, better to submit the form closer to opening: if the number of winners is exceeded, priority is given to those, who applied before.
Why should I trust The American Dream?
The American Dream is one of the largest Green Card Lottery agencies worldwide. Based in Germany, our company has helped thousands upon thousands of USA fans around the world realize their dreams and immigrate to the USA.
In Germany alone, about 50% of all Green Card Lottery winners have participated with our help every year. That means we provide half of all winners in this country! An overwhelming number, isn’t it?
But we do not only help participants from Germany. Every year we help people from all over the world to realize their dream of immigrating to the USA. If you want to maximize your chances of winning as well, participate today!
History of the Green Card Lottery
This lottery to receive the right to permanently live in the USA is one of kind across the globe. The idea came from the former U.S. president Ronald Reagan in 1987. At this time, he was worried about the waning ethnic diversity in the United States, especially after he passed a bill to give amnesty and resident permanent cards to 2 million Mexicans living illegally in the USA. Today as back then, there are two very significant ideas behind the DV Program: First of all, America wants to protect its cultural diversity characterized by a long history of immigration. Secondly, the Green Card Lottery should revamp the image of the USA as a country of possibilities. The lottery gives people who have no other possibility to get an immigration visa a chance to get a permanent visa to live and work in the USA. The requirements make it so that almost everyone can participate in the Green Card Lottery.
The first us GREEN CARD PROGRAM
The first version of the Diversity Visa Program was the “NP-5 Lottery Program”. This program was established in 1987 under the Immigration and Control Acts 1986 (IRCA) and allocated 5,000 visas to be given away to 36 participating countries annually for two years. In 1986 the program was renewed for another two years and the limit was increased to 15,000 visas per lottery.
In the years 1990 and 1991, 10,000 Green Cards were given away under the new OP-1 Program. In the following two years, the AA-1 Program was established as a temporary solution and gave away 40,000 visas. Moreover, only 37 countries were allowed to participate in the program and of all the visas, 16,000 were reserved for Northern Ireland.
It wasn’t until 1994 when the current version of the Diversity Visa Program was established to give away 55,000 Green Cards in a random drawing. The participation requirements are so that almost every country can participate, excluding those which already have a high rate of immigration. Countries are not allowed to participate in the Green Card Lottery when more than 50,000 residents of that country have legally emigrated to the USA in the last five years. This could be through, for example, a family- or work-based visa.
- Since 1994, the Green Card Lottery has taken place once a year and the application submission period is generally between October and November.
- In 2000, the authorities responsible for processing the Green Card applications changed. The National Visa Center (NVC) in Portsmouth was replaced by the Kentucky Consular Center (KCC).
- Since 1995, applicants are only allowed to send in one application per person per year. Those who send in more than one application will be automatically disqualified. More importantly, all information given in the application must be correct and you do not want to risk your chance. The American Dream comes into play here as your reliable emigration consultation agency.
- In 1995, there were more than a million disqualifications due to applications being full of mistakes, such as missing or false data.
- All Green Card applications had to be submitted in written form until 2002. Even The American Dream had to bring tens of thousands of original applications from our customers to our New York branch. From there, all the letters were mailed in the USA to the responsible US authorities.
- In 2003, a new system required all Green Card applications to be submitted online. That means that photos must be uploaded in a digital format and all personal information and data must be submitted electronically.
- The US authorities no longer notify winners via post. Instead, participants in this digital age are expected to check the status of their application by themselves online. The American Dream will send you written confirmation of your personal lottery results. With us, you can rest assured that your application is in good hands.
Automatically Collected Information
We collect and temporarily store certain information about your visit for use in site management and security purposes only. We collect and analyze this information because it helps us to better design our website to suit your needs. We may also automatically collect information about the web content you view in the event of a known security or virus threat. This information includes:
1. The Internet domain from which you access our website (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from an educational domain);
2. The Internet Protocol (IP) address (a unique number for each computer connected to the Internet) from which you access our website;
3. The type of browser (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, Chrome) used to access our site;
4. The operating system (e.g., Windows, Mac OS, Unix) used to access our site;
5. The date and time you access our site;
6. The Universal Resource Locators (URLs), or addresses, of the pages you visit;
7. Your username, if it was used to log in to the website; and
8. If you visited this website from another website, the URL of the forwarding site.
We may share the above information with our employees or representatives with a “need-to-know” in the performance of their official duties, other Federal agencies, or other named representatives as needed to quickly process your request or transaction. This information is only used to help us make our site more useful for you. Raw data logs are retained temporarily as required for security and site management purposes only. More information about how we share information can be found in our Privacy Act Systems of Records Notices.
Third-Party Websites and Applications
The Department uses various types of online surveys to collect opinions and feedback from a random sample of visitors. Primarily, state.gov uses the ForeSee Results’ American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) online survey on an ongoing basis to obtain feedback and data on visitors’ satisfaction with the state.gov website. This survey does not collect PII. Although the survey invitation pops up for a random sample of visitors, it is optional. If you decline the survey, you will still have access to the identical information and resources at the state.gov site as those who do take the survey. The survey reports are available only to state.gov managers and other designated staff who require this information to perform their duties. The Department may use other limited-time surveys for specific purposes, which are explained at the time they are posted.
The Department retains the data from the ACSI survey results as long as needed to support the mission of the state.gov website.
Let's start off with, what is it all about - Green Card?
Green Card (in Russian you can call "green card" or "green card") Is a document, which allows its owner to live permanently in America. Having a "green card", a person can legally work, visit relatives and friends, relax, study, do business, travel, buy real estate in the USA, etc.. Generally, one becomes almost "American", decides for himself, where to live and what to do. To use the official term, Green Card is a US residence permit.
A green card holder does not need an American visa - he can come and go then, when it suits him. The only requirement: it is desirable to be in the USA at least 6 months of the year. "Green card" is issued on an unlimited basis, so if you do not commit crimes and leave the USA for a long time, this status will remain forever. After five years of holding a green card, you can apply for American citizenship - this gives some additional benefits and removes the requirement for a mandatory 6-month stay in the United States. Having received American citizenship, a person becomes a real American
There are several main ways to get a green card:
- for example, "Green card" is given to those, who marries a U.S. citizen.
- Also "green card" can be obtained by those, who has close relatives in the USA.
- At the request of American companies, "green cards" are issued to highly qualified specialists, in which these companies are personally interested.
- Green cards are received by those, who is granted asylum in the USA.
- AND, finally, "Green card" can be won in the lottery. And it's not a joke! The United States of America does hold an official draw every year 50 thousand "green cards".